Thursday, March 13, 2008

Bumble #2: Zucchini Muffins


When I planned the various muffin flavours I thought of sending Rayzor to work with (see this post for the back story to this tragic tale), I thought that a muffin with a vegetable inside might fool some people into thinking that they were eating healthfully.
But one bite of these muffins and I swear you'd have thought that you'd swallowed a salt shaker. I'm not sure if I accidentally over-salted these or not, but that was all I could taste. Well, that and the weird flavour combo of the vanilla and cloves together, which I do not recommend.
Please, please, please let me know if you've got a great zucchini muffin recipe or know someone/somewhere who/that does. Because it would make me feel a whole lot happier!
The ingredients:

The muffins baked and cooling:

Way too salty to ever enjoy:

Zucchini Muffins

2 eggs
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup shredded zucchini (about 1 1/2 medium zucchinis)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. ground cloves

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375F and line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, mix the oil, sugar and eggs together.
3. Add the zucchini, flour, baking soda, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, baking powder and cloves. Stir.
4. Pour the batter into the muffin pan, filling each liner about 2/3 full.
5. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of one of the muffins comes out clean. Cool.

No comments: