They taste great.
They're easy to make.
What more could you ask for?
Just remember to avoid overbaking. 10 minutes is more than enough. My cookies were baked at 9 minutes and I removed them from the baking sheet right away to keep them from baking further.
The ingredients:The cookies ready to be baked:
Baked and cooling:YUM:
That cookie had a dent in it so I evened it out:
Crap! Still uneven:
Double-Chocolate Chunk Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup dark chocolate, melted and cooled
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup white chocolate chips or semisweet chocolate chunks
1. Preheat oven to 375F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, beat the butter for 30 seconds.
3. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, and baking soda; beat until well mixed.
4. Add eggs, melted chocolate and vanilla; beat well.
5. Add cocoa and gradually beat in flour.
6. Stir in chocolate chips/chunks.
7. Drop rounded tablespoons of dough 2 inches apart onto baking sheet.
8. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool.