Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Chocolate Bliss Cookies

Take a good, hard look at the picture above. That, my friends, is Chocolate Bliss.

I struggled to think of what I could bake that would do my Lindt Gold Bunny justice. I mean, he was going to get all smashed up and such to make a baked good better, so I couldn't bake him in any old thing.

Flipping through one of my favourite cookbooks, One Smart Cookie by Julie Van Rosendaal, I came upon her Chocolate Bliss recipe, and made a few adjustments.

The result? Chewy, deeply chocolatey, brownie-like, jumbo-sized cookies. Bliss!

The ingredients:
The Lindt bunny who met an untimely end:
The batter:
Baked and cooling (and smelling fantastic!):
Almost gone:


Chocolate Bliss Cookies

1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tbsp. butter or margarine
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1 tbsp. cocoa
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 egg
1 egg white
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup milk chocolate chips or chunks (or in my case, smashed up Lindt bunny)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F and spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray (or use parchment paper, or a Silpat instead of the spray).
2. Combine the semi-sweet chocolate chips and butter in a double boiler set over hot water. Stir until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
3. In a medium bowl, combine sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
4. Add to the chocolate mixture, along with the egg, egg white and vanilla.
5. Stir until almost almost combined; add the milk chocolate pieces and stir until just blended.
6. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for about 1/2 hour, until the dough firms up a little.
7. Drop spoonfuls of dough 2' apart on the cookie sheet, and bake for 12 - 15 minute, until the edges are setbut the cookies are still soft in the middle. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

2 comments:

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

Lucky! I usually get those gross cheap chocolate bunnies for Easter :(

CupcakeLady said...

Ohhh, those chocolate cookies look yummy! Can I have one? lol