Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Baby Shower Cupcakes

One of Rayzor's colleagues had a baby shower a few weeks ago (she's now the proud mother of a baby boy!) at work and he asked if I'd be able to make him some cupcakes to bring to the shower.

I also packaged up a few for her to take home to enjoy, and since I didn't know if she was having a boy or girl, I simply frosted some of the cupcakes blue, and some pink. I got the idea for the crying baby here, and the happy baby from the Wilton site.

To decorate, I used silver dragee balls for the pink and blue frosted cupcakes, and tinted the remaining frosting black, tan and green for the hair, eyes, mouth, skin, nose and pacifier. The 'ring' part of the pacifier was a life saver.

All in all, I think they turned out pretty well, with the exception of the pink frosting which was a bit soft and totally fell flat once it was piled up (see bottom photo for evidence). But it really wasn't that big of a bumble - I simply popped the rest of the frosting into the fridge to firm up.

For cupcake recipe, click here.
For frosting recipe, click here.


Don't cry!:

All better...:

This one looks alright...:

Gosh, what a mess! At least it tasted good:

3 comments:

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

Those are so cute! Nice job.

Anamika:The Sugarcrafter said...

Nice creativity on cupcakes..simply loved it ....

Natalie... said...

Aw these are so sweet, love them!