Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Coffee Cupcakes

Like coffee? Love cupcakes? Put the two together and rejoice - the coffee cupcake is here!

This recipe was originally posted by my favourite cupcake lady, Cassie, over at How To Eat A Cupcake, and was my first attempt at making Swiss Meringue Buttercream. Thankfully, it was successful, and now I love, love, LOVE Swiss Meringue Buttercream! Well, at least the coffee-flavoured version...

Anyways.

These cupcakes are so incredibly moist and chocolatey. The coffee flavour of the cupcake is very subtle, and enhances the chocolate flavour nicely without overpowering the overall taste, which is a good thing considering that the frosting packs the coffee-flavour punch.

I was so pleased with the result of this recipe! Everything tasted really great, and I loved the clean, simple look of the finished cupcake. And topping the whole thing off with a delicious chocolate-covered espresso bean will put a smile on your face and a bit more skip in your step!

The ingredients:
Topped with a chocolate-covered espresso bean:Minis!:

1 comment:

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

OMG yes! Coffee cupcakes are some of my FAVES!!