Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Zucchini Muffins (and Bread!)

Stephanie over at Stephanie's Kitchen, is one of my favourite bloggers, and she posted a recipe for Zucchini Bread (recipe here) a while back that I had been dying to try. I was hooked when I read that she used a sugar-cinnamon topping, and I knew that it would be the perfect recipe to use in my cute daisy-shaped cupcake pan that I received for my birthday!

However, having begged my colleague D.G. to give me a zucchini from his garden to make the recipe, I had to bake him a gift, too. So I made him a zucchini bread, which I foolishly forgot to photograph.

The muffins that resulted from this recipe were terrific. They were very moist and the sugar-cinnamon topping gave them a slight crunch. A perfect way to start the day! Thanks, Stephanie!
My Notes:
-I baked the muffins for 22 minutes at 350F and after 15 minutes of baking, checked for doneness every few minutes.
-To make the cinnamon-sugar topping, I mixed 1/4 cup granulated sugar with 1 tbsp. cinnamon in a small bowl. In a different bowl, I melted 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, and dipped the top of each baked muffin in the melted butter, and then the cinnamon-sugar. Easy!
The ingredients: The daisy cupcake pan:
Voila!