Sunday, April 12, 2009

Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies

First of all, these cookies were Rayzor's pick. I don't typically enjoy gingerbread that much, and while a huge fan of chocolate, I was skeptical that these cookies were going to be worth my time and energy (the ingredient list is HUGE).

But I put my trust in Martha Stewart, and baked up a batch of these for my beloved.

My first impression when biting into one was that the gingerbread taste wasn't too overpowering, which was helped by the gentle cocoa flavour and random chocolate chunks scattered throughout. But I couldn't help but feel that the chocolate was there to complement the ginger, instead of the other way around.

If you like gingerbread cookies, you'll probably enjoy these. The cookies are soft and chewy, and really quite good. But if you're a chocoholic looking for a quick fix, beware: these cookies take some time to make, and the chocolate is quite subtle.

What was Rayzor's impression? I think he was a bit disappointed. He was hoping that they would be similar to a ginger chews cookie recipe that one of his friends made a long time ago. And unlike most of the stuff I bake, alot of these cookies went into the garbage as we couldn't finish them before they started to get tough.

While these cookies are a bit of an acquired taste, they are worthwhile making. Just ensure that you have someone to share them with!


The ingredients:
Rolling the cookies in sugar:
Sugar and spice and chocolate is nice!:

Recipe HERE.

No comments: