Sunday, April 5, 2009

Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack! Did you miss me?

A whole whack of computer problems in March kept me from posting here, but not from baking! I promise that I'll be posting at least once a week from here on in. And I'm glad to return with such an EASY recipe!

One of my colleagues has a gluten and dairy intolerance, but still loves sweets. Every time we have a staff function, I feel so guilty bringing stuff that she can't eat. So, for another co-worker's good-bye party, I opted for these gluten-free peanut butter cookies.

Unlike other peanut butter cookies that I've tried, these are thin, crispy and very sweet. They are just as easy to make - in fact, it only requires four ingredients, and one of them is entirely optional.

I found this recipe from allrecipes.com, and adjusted it slightly. I usually use all-natural peanut butter, but in this case I didn't, so if you're not using an unsweetened, all-natural peanut butter, make sure that you only use 1 1/2 cups of sugar, or else you'll be visiting your dentist.

My colleague really liked these cookies, as did all of the other gluten-loving party-goers, so if you're looking for something quick, easy and tasty for someone with a gluten intolerance, this is it.

Just make sure they aren't allergic to nuts.

Enjoy!


The ingredients:
Got milk?

Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies
2 cups all-natural peanut butter
2 cups sugar
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat.
3. Combine peanut butter, eggs, and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer, and mix until smooth.
4. If using chocolate chips, mix in by hand.
5. Using a tablespoon, drop dough onto a cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
7. Allow cookies to cool on sheets for 5 minutes before removing.

4 comments:

Lord of the Wing said...

I did miss you!!!

I love a good peanut butter cookie, and I like the fact that these are thin and look crispy.

And hey, I have all those ingredients! But what is with your milk carton????

D&L said...

Tried these and they turned out really good. Except mine were big and chewy! I'm not sure why they did that but thats fine with me:) I also added white chocolate chips instead of regular. Delicious.

Teena in Toronto said...

My fav cookies!!! Gimme some :)

I'm here via the Lord of the Wing.

withoutadornment said...

I love these cookies - I need to make them again!