Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Ice Cream Pie

It's been way too long since I last posted, and I do not have any good excuses, so I'm doing the only thing I can think of to win your favour - I'm offering you this simple but spectacularly delicious Ice Cream Pie recipe.

Feel free to use the ice cream flavour of your choice, and go nuts with the toppings if you want. This recipe is all about freedom and creativity!

I will admit that there is absolutely nothing homemade about this dessert, but trust me - everyone who tries it will rave. It's great for a hot day, or a big cookout, or when you're feeling a little - ahem - hormonal. :)


Enjoy!


The ingredients:
Chocolate sauce layer:
Followed by melty ice cream:
Drizzled in yummy caramel sauce:
The thing of dreams (and busted seams!):

Ice Cream Pie

Ingredients:
1 chocolate pie shell
1 pint ice cream, softened (any flavour you like!)
1 container Cool Whip, thawed
1/4 cup caramel sauce
1/4 cup chocolate sauce
1/2 package Oreos, crushed

Directions:
1. Spread the chocolate sauce evenly on the inside of the chocolate pie shell.
2. Spoon the softened ice cream on top of the chocolate sauce, evening it out with a spatula, until it's about an inch and a half from the top of the crust.
3. Drizzle the caramel sauce evenly on top of the ice cream.
4. Spoon the whipped topping on top of the caramel sauce layer, covering the whole pie with a thick layer.
5. Sprinkle the top of the pie with crushed Oreos.
6. Freeze immediately for at least 2 hours.
7. Allow to thaw for a few minutes before cutting.

1 comment:

Lord of the Wing said...

Wow.

I'm speechless.

Awesome.

And I love that you used PC ice cream - we've been enjoying some of their loaded flavours this summer.

What a great pie!