Feel free to use the ice cream flavour of your choice, and go nuts with the toppings if you want. This recipe is all about freedom and creativity!
I will admit that there is absolutely nothing homemade about this dessert, but trust me - everyone who tries it will rave. It's great for a hot day, or a big cookout, or when you're feeling a little - ahem - hormonal. :)
Chocolate sauce layer:
Followed by melty ice cream:
Drizzled in yummy caramel sauce:
The thing of dreams (and busted seams!):
Ice Cream Pie
1 chocolate pie shell
1 pint ice cream, softened (any flavour you like!)
1 container Cool Whip, thawed
1/4 cup caramel sauce
1/4 cup chocolate sauce
1/2 package Oreos, crushed
1. Spread the chocolate sauce evenly on the inside of the chocolate pie shell.
2. Spoon the softened ice cream on top of the chocolate sauce, evening it out with a spatula, until it's about an inch and a half from the top of the crust.
3. Drizzle the caramel sauce evenly on top of the ice cream.
4. Spoon the whipped topping on top of the caramel sauce layer, covering the whole pie with a thick layer.
5. Sprinkle the top of the pie with crushed Oreos.
6. Freeze immediately for at least 2 hours.
7. Allow to thaw for a few minutes before cutting.