Saturday, January 2, 2010

Farewell, Friends

After much deliberation, I have decided that I will no longer be updating The Bumbling Baker.

When I started this blog two years ago, my passion for baking was fuelled partially by my Mom's long-distance interest and encouragement, and grew as I spread my creativity and goodies among my friends, family and colleagues.

In November, my Mom passed away, and to be honest, baking is just too hard for me right now - I'm always reminded of her, and it's kind of a downer to know that I can't share the experience with her.

I've had a wonderful time learning from, and sharing with all of the fabulous baking bloggers I've met, and am so grateful to all of my readers who've commented on my posts, or emailed me, or linked to my blog. Your suggestions and thanks have made the experience worthwhile, and for that reason, I can't just delete the blog.

I'm hoping that one day I'll get my baking mojo back, and be able to post again.

Until that day, farewell my friends, and all the best to you in the New Year.

-dlb

4 comments:

president1 said...

Im sorry for your loss and will really miss your posts. I hope you come back to us in the future.

Lorraine said...

I'm sorry about your Mom- will miss your posts, but I definitely understand. Baking is something I love to do with my Mom as well.

LadyFin said...

I'm sorry about your Mom. I hope in time you will come to see baking as a celebration of her memory!

April said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I hope you come back to blogging in the future.