Monday, August 29, 2011

S'mores Rice Cereal Treats

A perfect two one-bite treat!
Rice cereal treats are one of my all-time favourite snacks. I love the crunch of the cereal coated in sweet, sticky, marshmallows, and can easily eat an entire row without pause. Heck, I've been known to consume half of the mixture before it even gets into the pan by the spoonful. I've got issues, I know.

If there's anything that could make this dessert better, it's adding in graham crackers and chocolate chips to create a S'mores version. I love all things S'mores, as this post explains. So when I came across the recipe via The Tasty Kitchen blog, I knew that I would be trying it out.

This is a pretty straight-forward recipe: melt butter and marshmallows, add cereal and mix, then add graham crackers and mix. The only change I made was to press the chocolate chips into the tops of the treats while they were still warm because I found that the chips melted into a big mess otherwise.

I also wanted to make individual bites without having to cut the treats into bars, so I pressed mine into a mini-cupcake pan instead. Besides, everyone knows that tiny treats are non-caloric, right? :)


Enjoy!

No comments: