|Salty & Sweet!|
I'd love to say more, but my mother always told me it's impolite to speak with my mouth full! :)
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 large egg
2 large egg whites
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. instant coffee granules dissolved in 2 tsps. water (or 3 tsps. of percolated coffee)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
5 tbsps. semi-sweet chocolate chips*
5 tbsps. toffee pieces** You could also substitute 2 - 3 finely chopped Skor candy bars in lieu of the chocolate chips and toffee pieces.
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 8"x 8" pan with nonstick spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix together butter and sugar until well combined.
3. Add egg, egg whites, vanilla and coffee and stir until thoroughly blended and smooth.
4. In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Add to the egg mixture and stir by hand until just combined.
5. Spread batter into pan and sprinkle top with chocolate chips and toffee pieces.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, until edges just begin to pull away from the sides of the pan, but center is still slightly soft. Do not overbake! Let cool - makes 12 - 16 brownies.