Monday, October 24, 2011

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins

A very tasty surprise in the middle...

These are now my all-time favourite muffins. Imagine warm, spicy pumpkin pie hugging a big old hunk of cream cheese frosting... and you get these muffins.  I'm almost afraid that they're really cupcakes in disguise - they're that good.

The only tricky issue with these is that the recipe calls for the cream cheese and sugar to be mixed, rolled and placed in the freezer for a few hours, which I did (in fact, I kept it in overnight). But to be honest, I'm sure you could just substitute the frozen stuff for some at room-temperature. Instead of scooping it off the frozen log, just plop a dollop of the freshly made cream-cheese mixture in the batter as you go.

I'm now convinced that the ONLY way to eat muffins is to add the cream cheese in the middle. I'll bet it would be awesome with carrot or chocolate chunk muffins. Maybe I should try these next?

Enjoy!


Recipe found at The Girl Who Ate Everything. Is there ANYTHING she makes that doesn't look delicious? I'm blaming her for my weight gain... :)

1 comment:

mrsrebeccalynn said...

Now these were seriously tasty!