I love banana muffins. I love Nutella. So putting the two together just makes sense to me.
The addition of Nutella makes these moist muffins special enough to serve as a casual dessert. But the bran gives them a healthier boost than your average muffin. These are perfect to take along as a snack or make a wonderful on-the-go breakfast option. And now that I'm back to work from maternity leave, quick breakfast options are absolutely essential!
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup bran
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla
6 tbsps. Nutella
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Line muffin tins with paper liners, or spray with non-stick spray.
2. Whisk together the flour, bran, baking powder and salt.
3. Stir in the mashed bananas, eggs, brown sugar, oil and vanilla.
4. Spoon 2 tbsps. of batter into each muffin tin and gently spread it out with the back of a spoon.
5. Add 1/2 tbsp. Nutella into each tin. Do not spread out.
6. Divide remaining batter among the tins, covering the Nutella. Do not spread out.
7. Bake until the tops are golden brown, about 12 - 15 minutes. Enjoy right from the oven, or allow to cool.